Below are some videos to help you activate your devices:
However, if you want a print out you can copy the instructions below:
Before you go through the activation process,
YOU WILL NEED
1) Your home/office internet access user name and,
2) your home/office internet password
GATEWAY HUB ACTIVATION
1) Positioning the square Gateway Hub
2) Configuring the Gateway Hub:
Using your PC, tablet or smartphone (now referred to as “personal device”), go to your settings then select WiFi settings.
You will find an option “POMAlarm-xxxxx…“ along with the Gateway Hub ID #. JOT DOWN THE 6 digit (no minus sign) HUB ID # . (THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU WILL NEED IT LATER!! Numbers are 0-9 and letters are A-F. There are no letters “I”, “L” or “O” in the serial number. )
Do not checkmark the “Connect automatically” option. After a short delay it will ask for a password.
Type in “pomalarm” without the quotes in the box. Click to connect.
3) Connecting the Gateway Hub to the Internet
Open your personal device’s web browser and type in http://192.168.1.1
The following blue screen will appear.
5) Unplug the square POMAlarm Gateway Hub from your wall outlet.
6)After 10 seconds plug THE Gateway Hub back in again. After another 15 seconds it should connect to the local WiFi. If successful, the Gateway Hub will show a solid light.
[If your Gateway Hub continues to have a quick blinking light it means the device has failed to connect. Return to the Blue screen, go to the bottom of the screen and delete the profile listed. Reenter your User name, password, and Profile priority. Make sure the entered SSID user name and password are correct (sometimes an extra space is falsely added to these fields). Hit ADD, then unplug and replug the Gateway Hub.]
Your Gateway Hub will periodically beep until it has been registered in your user portal.
UPDATING YOUR SETTINGS USING
THE WEB USER PORTAL.
1. On your computer or personal device, go to http://pomalarm.com
2. Click on the Log in/register link (may be three horizontal lines) on the top right of the screen.
This will bring up a MY ACCOUNT screen.
3. Scroll down to the REGISTER portion of the screen. Enter your user name and personal password and click on REGISTER. (If you have already registered, log in by enter your user name and password and click on LOG IN)
4. Once logged in to your account, click on the “Go To Your Device Dashboard” link
5) Click on “Register Devices”.
6) Click “ADD HUB” button
5. Enter Gateway Hub location (e.g living room)
6. Enter 6 digit Gateway Hub Serial # (you recorded earlier*) Numbers are 0-9 and letters are A-F. There are no letters “I”, “L” or “O” in the serial number.
7. Hit ADD
[*If you did not write down your Gateway Hub ID #, you will have to go replug the Gateway Hub again and go back to your wifi settings. It will be the 6 characters after POMAlarm-#######. Do not hit connect]
8. Once this Gateway Hub ID number is submitted, it is registered and will show on your list of devices. A red “x” will appear on the left side of the entry.
9. Unplug then replug your Gateway Hub.
10. Refresh your device screen.
A green check will verify the internet connection and Hub serial #.
REGISTERING YOUR POMALARM DETECTOR PUCK
1)Pull the clear plastic strip from the slot on the round Detector Puck to activate its battery.
2)Give the Detector Puck a shake. It will light up and the Gateway Hub will blink slowly acknowledging that it has received a signal from the Detector Puck.
In one minute refresh the screen on your PC or smartphone. The Device Portal screen will show the Detector Puck entry as “PENDING”.
3) Click on the Register Now button on the far right side of the screen (this may require you to scroll to the right).
4) Shake your detector again to confirm ownership. In a minute or so, your detector will be confirmed, and you will be able to give your detector a name. We recommend naming the detector according to where it will be used (e.g. “Gun Safe” or “Liquor Cabinet”).
ADJUSTING YOUR DETECTOR PUCK
To adjust the sensitivity level of each Detector Puck return to the right side of the Detector Puck row and click on Edit. Click on the buttons to set your Detector Pucks level of sensitivity, with the feather icon denoting higher sensitivity and hammer icon denoting lower. You can always return to this control as you learn your detector’s environment.
SETTING UP YOUR CONTACT LIST
Click on the three lines or menu in the upper right corner of the Device Portal screen. This will bring up menu options:
By clicking on “Contacts” you can enter the specifics of who will be receiving messages when each detector is triggered.
The dropdown menu in “select contact type” will open fields for email, phone numbers and phone company carrier.
SETTING UP YOUR QUIET TIME RULES
Quiet time rules allow you to deactivate messages during various times of the week and day. (For instance, if you regularly go to your medicine cabinet between 7-8AM each day, you can turn off these messages during that designated time.)
1)Return to the menu on the top of the screen and then click on POM Quiet.
2)Enter your rule name and times when you want your detectors to not send a message, then click add. Please note that by default each detector will send a message all the time.
Once a rule is added, it will appear on a POM Quiet list. You can change rules any time.
You are now all set to place your Detector pucks all over the important places in your house or office. Each Gateway Hub can retrieve signals from up to ten Detector Pucks so please go to www.pomalarm.com should you need more.
Thank you for purchasing your POMAlarm and enjoy Peace Of Mind….
Contact Support@POMALarm.com for any comments or questions.